Mental Health Treatment Programs
The Tapestry Adolescent Program is a primary mental health residential, partial hospitalization (PHP) and intensive outpatient (IOP) treatment program for adolescents of all genders, aged 11 to 17.
Our clinical philosophy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, is an in-depth, evidenced-based approach for adolescent clients struggling with a range of mental health issues including depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, substance abuse, eating disorders, trauma issues and associated mental health conditions.
Tapestry is a clinically-integrated, trauma-focused program that provides comprehensive treatment services with the goal of intrinsic change and meaningful engagement with the world. The treatment philosophy at Tapestry allows for treatment of the whole person rather than addressing one specific issue. The goal of treatment at Tapestry is to develop and increase psychological flexibility and the capacity for reflection and re-attunement.
At Tapestry, we are aware that mental health issues rarely arise as singular events or in isolation from other obstacles. Most of our clients are struggling to achieve their goals in various domains of life. Research indicates that depression is most often a co-occurring condition in the adolescent population. There is empirical evidence to support the connection between depression in adolescence and future obstacles in adulthood, particularly related to recurrent depressive episodes later in life.
We feel passionate about providing primary mental health care for adolescents to help them reengage with the world in a meaningful way, across multiple domains, and in accordance with their own values.
Clients have individualized treatment plans based on their primary presenting concerns. The treatment is a meaningful combination of conceptual work, behavioral change, and development of mindfulness techniques.
We provide a small treatment setting that allows for individualization of treatment plans as well as client and family care.
TAPESTRY ADOLESCENT PROGRAM AT-A-GLANCE
- Ages 11-17
- All genders
- Clinically integrated / mental health/ co-occurring substance use
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Equine therapy
- Horticultural therapy
- Trauma-sensitive yoga
- Mindfulness meditation
- Expressive arts therapy
Intensive therapeutic programming
- In-depth psychoeducational groups
- Psychotherapeutic process groups
- Individual therapy
- Medication management
- Family therapy
- Family and caregiver workshops
- Nutritional consultation and support
- Multidisciplinary approach (licensed clinicians, RD, RN, MD, PA)
- Alumni and aftercare support
The core component of Tapestry’s treatment philosophy is that mental health issues are the result of experiential avoidance and psychological inflexibility. This means our clients typically avoid engaging with life as a way to prevent internal experiences of pain, loss, suffering, anxiety and depression.
Examples of Experiential Avoidance:
- Chronically missing school
- Isolation, unwilling or unable to engage with peers and/or family in a meaningful way
- Risky behavior
- Substance abuse
- Unable or unwilling to engage in hobbies or extracurricular activities
- Restricting food intake, purging or binge eating
- Inability to follow through with commitments
Psychological flexibility is the ability to be present in the moment, be open to experiences and be able to commit to values-driven action.
Rather than focusing on self-esteem, we focus on the development of psychological flexibility and subsequent sense of self direction based on individualized values. Psychological inflexibility resulting in impulsivity and avoidance are ways people attempt to find relief from biopsychosocial pain and distress.
Small Treatment Model
Our small treatment model provides opportunities for our clinical team to spend time with our clients to best understand client and family expectations for treatment. Our treatment program is dedicated to understanding our clients as whole people with varied life experiences, and the context of each client’s history is considered with each treatment decision and intervention.
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
Tapestry is developmentally-specific Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Program for adolescents with primary mental health concerns. The treatment approach is trauma-focused, collaborative and relational.
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy is an internally-focused, transdiagnostic approach. Within this framework, we are able to understand the client’s behavior within the context of their own experience. This becomes the clinical focus of treatment, rather than the behavior itself. This provides a comprehensive approach that results in long term success and increased well-being across multiple domains.
Clinical Program Features:
- Robust clinical programming with a licensed clinician throughout the week – a minimum of 42 hours for residential clients, 30 hours for PHP clients, and 9 hours for IOP clients
- Psychoeducational groups
- Psychotherapeutic process groups with a licensed mental health clinician
- Individual therapy with a licensed clinician
- Family therapy sessions with a licensed clinician
- Psychiatric evaluation and medication management
- Nutritional assessment and ongoing consultation with a registered dietician for clients in need of nutritional support
- Experiential groups including equine therapy, ecotherapy, mindfulness meditation, trauma-sensitive yoga, horticultural therapy, and expressive arts therapy
Our mental health treatment program is available to those aged 11-17 at our Fletcher Location. For more information, call us at (844) 299-1343.
PROFESSIONAL STAFF TO CARE FOR OUR CLIENTS
AN EVOLVED APPROACH TO BEHAVIORAL HEALTHCARE
THREE BEAUTIFUL TREATMENT FACILITIES
Positive Affirmations for Self Love
Baby Steps: Making Peace With Food
What is Progressive Muscle Relaxation?